Sunday, July 16, 2017

Bob Dozier Knives Whittler with Black Micarta

Bob Dozier Knives Whittler with Black Micarta

3 1/2" D2 steel blade ground from 1/8" stock.  
Overall length is 7"
Black Linen Micarta Handle with finger grooves.  The hardware is aluminum.  
Full Tang.
Black Kydex sheath custom made for this knife.  Each Dozier knife comes with it's own hand-molded sheath.  
The knife is used but purchased from Dozier.  It is Dozier's interpretation of what a Whittler should be.  As a Whittler and wood carver, I am here to tell you, it is not what I would design as a whittler.  The handle is too small.  I really thought I'd give it a try as a whittler, so I rounded the spine, because you don't want any sharp edges to press your fingers against for hours as well as the fact you use the spine to press against an opposing surface, and if the spine has sharp corners, then it puts a dent or impression in the wood.  So, I round the spines of all my whittling knives.

I've decided to use my Dozier Canoe knife as a whittler instead of this whittler.   

What you do get with this knife is a great size knife for field dressing a deer if you are good or a squirrel.   It is great at food prep in the camp or kitchen.  I reprofiled the edge and it is screamin' sharp.  So, as I have had to say in the past, I am not responsible for any appendages that may be removed during the use of this knife. 

The knife you see is the exact knife you will receive.  Props not included.

$225.00 Shipped in the USA via USPS Priority Mail.